There are many types of scars. Scars from trauma (cut, burn, accidents), surgery, acne and other causes. Scars can be thick (keloid and hypertrophic), depressed, red or brown or white. The treatments suggested for scars will vary depending on the body site, thickness of the scar, cause of the scar, type of scar, individual healing and skin type. At her Mississauga clinic, Dr. O’Neill will assess your scar and design a scar treatment program for you.
What we can do
Your individualized scar treatment plan may include:
- skin resurfacing to improve tone and texture
- vascular laser therapy to flatten and reduce redness
- IPL to improve redness and stimulate collagen
- Steroid injections to reduce redness and flatten scars
- Microdermabrasion for a smoother skin surface
- Chemical peels to improve pigmentation and skin surface texture
- Therapeutic skin care to optimize treatment effects and protect from sun damage
Providing you with an individualized comprehensive skin health program.
Get In Touch
Dr. Karen O'Neill, FRCPC
2145 Dunwin Drive, Unit 6
Mississauga ON, L5L 4L9
Do you have questions? I have answers! Fill in the form and submit.
All information is kept confidential.