Our cold, dry Canadian winter means you may need to adjust your winter skin care routine. Our skin is dry and rough this time of year due to furnace heated indoor air, and arid cold blustery outdoor air.
My tips for keeping your winter skin it’s best:
- Use a gentle cleanser instead of soap
- Switch from a moisturizing lotion (which is oil in a water emulsion) to a richer cream (water in an oil emulsion)
- Ditch the long, hot bath or shower. Take a shorter, tepid shower instead.
- Apply your moisturizer to damp skin.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen! I wear a minimum SPF 30 daily year round.
- Take a Vitamin D supplement
- A humidifier will help your skin, throat and nose to feel more comfortable this time of year.
My winter skin care includes TRIO Rebalancing Moisture Treatment by SkinBetter Science. This awesome moisturizer gives rich hydration, but without a heavy or greasy feel. It is perfect for both morning and evening. And it won the Allure Beauty Award for Best Facial Moisturizer!