Our cold, dry Canadian winter means you may need to adjust your skin care routine. Our skin is dry and rough this time of year due to furnace heated indoor air, and arid cold blustery outdoor air.
My tips for keeping your winter skin it’s best:
- Use a gentle cleanser instead of soap
- Switch from a moisturizing lotion (which is oil in a water emulsion) to a richer cream (water in an oil emulsion)
- Ditch the long, hot bath or shower. Take a shorter, tepid shower instead.
- Apply your moisturizer to damp skin.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen! I wear a minimum SPF 30 daily year round.
- Take a Vitamin D supplement
- A humidifier will help your skin, throat and nose to feel more comfortable this time of year.